Monday, March 20, 2017

Christmas





"It's the most wonderful time of the year.." Hearing this song, brings me that warm and fuzzy feeling inside. It is one my favorite songs to listen to during the holiday season. Christmas is my favorite holiday, if you haven't already figured it out. It was my favorite holiday when I was younger, and still is my favorite holiday. As I've grown older, I have a new perspective and appreciate all the little things that comes with this season, I think it's called Christmas spirit. Family means everything to me. My family always travels down to the D.C./Maryland region where we spend the holidays at my older brothers house. I love going shopping to get presents for my family and close friends. Seeing the smile on their faces as they tear open their gifts, gives me the greatest joy. Putting up the christmas tree, baking cookies, wrapping presents, wearing matching onesies, and eating christmas dinner are all the things I love, because it brings my family all together. Until next time, be nice to everyone, you never know what they may be going through.

Vocabulary:
  • Younger (adjective): In the early stage of life
  • Perspective (noun): A way of thinking about and understanding something
  • Appreciate (noun): Understanding the worth or importance something or someone
  • Family (noun): A group of people who are related to each other
  • Region (noun): A part of a country, or the world, etc., that is different or separate from other parts in some way
  • Matching (verb): To have the same appearance, color, etc.

Vocabulary Exercise:

Unscramble the words below.

1. pcaraiepet (worth) __________
2. guyneor (early stage) __________
3. ignore (part of country or world) __________
4. mthiangc (same) __________
5. ersevtceipp (way of thinking) __________
6. yalifm (people relating to each other) __________

Grammar Point:
Adverbs describe verbs, adjectives, or other adverbs. Adverbs describes how, when and where. For an example:

My dad eats very slowly. 

Circle the adverb in each sentence.

1. The old man walked slowly.
2. The girls giggled nosily.
3. The sun shines brightly in my eyes
4. Wind blew rapidly across the city.














2 comments:

  1. I really love the vocabulary activity that you included, it is exciting and fun. I like that there is small hint included to keep students motivated. I also enjoy how you added a personal touch to this lesson, I remember how exciting it was in elementary school when you learned more about your teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Rachel makes a good point. You reveal your personal side while giving important information about a holiday. Nice exercises!

    ReplyDelete