Monday, March 20, 2017

Traveling






Traveling has become one of my favorite things to do. I've been fortunate enough to have the opportunity to travel to various places. What I love most about traveling and exploring different countries and cities, is that I'm able to completely immerse myself into these foreign communities by interacting with the local people, and grasping an understanding about the way others live. It's very interesting to me how we perceive what “normal” life might be here in the United States. Different cultures have different protocols and structures within their community. That’s what fascinates me the most, learning how others live, day to day. The Caribbean is probably my favorite place to visit. Everyone is super laid back, there’s no rush, and I feel as if they truly enjoy each day to the fullest. Oh, and they are some of the nicest people I’ve ever met. Until next time, be nice to everyone, you never know what they may be going through.

Vocabulary:

  • Fortunate (adjective): Happening because of good luck
  • Opportunity (noun): A set of circumstances that makes it possible to do something
  • Immerse (verb): Involve oneself deeply in a particular activity or interest
  • Perceive (verb): To notice or become aware of (something)
  • Cultures (noun): The beliefs, customer, arts, etc., of a particular group, or place
  • Protocols (noun): A system of rules that explain that correct conduct and procedures to be followed in formal situations

Vocabulary Exercise:
Write each definition three times each.

Grammar Point:
Prepositions show relationship between words in a sentence. Below is a table. Draw everywhere a mouse might go (beside, above, under, beneath, close to, toward) and label each position.





















1 comment:

  1. Nice entry! I see an emerging theme, "Be nice." That is a good value to pass on. I like the visual for the preposition lesson. Do you think it is valuable to write definitions three times? what about writing the definition and then using the word in a sentence?

    ReplyDelete