Monday, March 20, 2017

Learning The Hard Way





Learning the hard way was once the norm for me. Growing up, I didn't always make the greatest decisions. Missing curfew to stay out late with friends, or not always telling mom or dad exactly where I was hanging out, are some of the decisions that I mean. On hindsight I don't regret them. Why? You may ask, because I've learned from each decision. The outcome of my decisions is what impacted me the most. Though it may have been the hard way, I can boldly say that it has shaped the person I have become and still becoming. I have developed a keen sense of discernment, and my choices have become more wise, and thought out. I close by encouraging you to remember that life's greatest lessons are usually learned at the worst times and from the worst mistakes. Until next time, be nice to everyone, you never know what they might be going through.

Vocabulary:


  • Decisions (noun):The choice that you make about something after thinking about it.
  • Outcome (noun): Something that happens as a result of an activity or process.
  • Impacted (verb): To have a strong effect on something or someone.
  • Keen (adjective): Having or showing an ability to think clearly and to understand what is not obvious or simple about something. 
  • Discernment (noun): The ability to judge well.
  • Mistakes (noun): Something that is not correct: a wrong action, statement, or judgement.

Vocabulary Exercise:

1. We are the only ones who can influence the _____________ of this.
      a) Keen
      b) Impacted
      c) Outcome

2. I made a really bad ________ and I don't know what to do.
      a) Impacted
      b) Mistakes
      c) Discernment

3. A dog has an extremely _________ sense of smell.
      a) Keen
      b) Decision
      c) Impacted

Grammar Point
Verbs tenses, are expressed in the; Past (already happened), Present (happening now), and Future (will happen). From the vocabulary list, express the word "impacted" in the three verb tenses.



1 comment: